As the situation with the coronavirus pandemic changes, we will update this page.
Procedures from September 2021
Pupils will need to self-isolate straight away and get a PCR test (a test that is sent to the lab) on GOV.UK as soon as possible if they develop Covid-19 symptoms:
- a high temperature
- new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to the sense of smell or taste
Individuals should also self-isolate straight away if they’ve tested positive for COVID-19 either according to a PCR test or a lateral flow device test – this means they have the virus. If they get a positive LFD test they should book a PCR test. A negative PCR test will override a positive LFD test.
At present, primary-aged children are not required to isolate if they live with or are a close contact of someone who is positive for Covid-19. Instead, they will be advised to get a PCR test, but will not be required to isolate while awaiting results. Children and young people aged under 18 years 6 months who usually attend school should continue to attend school as normal.
We will continue with a high level of hygiene with increased cleaning across the school as well as increased hand washing/sanitising.
All pupils are asked and reminded to wash their hands;
- before leaving home and on arrival at school
- after using the toilet and after breaks and sporting activities
- when they change rooms
- before food preparation and eating any food, including snacks
- before leaving school.
Teachers (and support staff) follow and regularly reiterate the hygiene message to pupils;
- cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- if you don’t have any tissues available, then cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow
- throw the tissue in a bin
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
Mentally Healthy Hady
We take the mental health of our pupils and staff very seriously at Hady and recognise that the pandemic has had an impact on mental health across all sectors of society.
Please find some really useful websites on the subject of mental health below: